Wilmersburger - the vegan cheese-alternative. If vegans are looking for cheese they are looking for Wilmersburger because cheese is not vegan :)
Vegetable lasagna with Wilmersburger
- lactose-free by nature
- free of palm oil
- by law preservative free
For 4 persons:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 600 g tomato purée
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 50 g vegan margarine
- 4 heaped tbsp. flour
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 250 ml soya cuisine
How it works
- Peel and chop onions and garlic and fry it in oil until glassy.
- Add tomato paste and braise it. Add tomato purée and simmer it for approx. 10 minutes.
- Then season it with salt, pepper, thyme and sugar.
- Let the margarine melt in a small pot, add the flour, mix well and briefly sweat it.
- Deglaze it with vegetable stock. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, lemon juice and soy flour, mix and thicken it at medium heat.
- Add 250 ml soy cream and simmer it shortly.
- Slice the vegetables.
- Fill the tomato sauce into a casserole, after that fill in lasagna pasta, again tomato sauce and then vegetables and sauce hollandaise on the top. Repeat until the casserole is full.
- At last mix Wilmersburger Pizza Shreds with the rest of the sauce hollandaise and spread it on the lasagna.
- Bake it at 180 °C for approx. 35 minutes.